subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

To get fun posts directly into ur inbox, write ur email id above

Monday, June 25, 2007

No more Sardar ji jokes....?

This message was forwarded to me by a friend. An excellent response by a
true Sardaar:

"Hello friendz!!

Well, jayant , my friend, told me the following incident which i wish to
share with you. It has

had a deep impact on my thinking.

In the diwali vacation, Jayant and his couple of friends had gone to delhi.
They rented a taxi for

local sight-seeing.

The driver was a old sardar, and boys being boys, Jayant and his pals began
cracking sardarji

jokes, just to insinuate the old man.

But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.

At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid up the hire-charges. The sardar
returned the change.

Moreover, he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said,( in Hindi , of
course) ,''son, since

morning you have been telling sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let
me tell you, some of

them were in a very bad taste.

Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see
the world. But I have

just one request. Here I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first
sardar beggar that you

come across in this city."

Jayant continued," That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't find a
single sardar begging on

the streets of Delhi."

Friends, we all love sardar jokes. But the fact of matter is that sikhs are
one of the most

prosperous and diversified communities in the world. The secret behind their
universal success,

according to me , is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication.
A sardar will drive a

truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, but he will never beg on the
streets.

Are we just going to pass on long forwarded mails of sardar jokes, or are we
going to try and bring our

own community on par with theirs ??

Please think abt it and let me know your reactions

No comments: